Wednesday 18 April 2012

A few softer forms

The clay is much easier to throw with now, so I've been playing around a bit the last couple of days, throwing some new, softer forms. It usually takes me a while to decide whether I like the pieces I've made.

the bottom of this one will need trimming a little

it wasn't meant to be tear-drop shaped, but I quite like it for now


The piece in the last photo took me longer than usual to finish..I had great trouble getting the top section into the right shape, and deciding whether it should have a neck or not. I'm still not sure if I like it, but I was fiddling around with it for several minutes, which is usually not a good sign.

Longing for some sunny days here..the weather has been really awful for the last week and a half.

2 comments:

  1. Whether there in south-west of France was terrible too... I had to put my raku firing because of strong wind and rain.

    Very nice this tear-drop piece.
    Want to see all of your new pieces fired :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your weather is bad too, it must be frustrating when you fire outside. Thanks for the kind words..yes, I have so many pieces to glaze fire, I must start soon!

    ReplyDelete